Hypori vs. MDM Cost Calculator
For a personalized calculation, enter your company’s numbers in the grey rows.
|USE CASE||MOBILE DEVICE MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE|
|100% Company-Issued||30% Company-Issued|
|DESCRIPTION||In this model, many devices are supported with no minimum OS version or other restrictions on devices supported||Mix of 70% BYOD and 30% company-issued phones||100% BYOD|
|DEVICE LIFE SPAN||1.5||1.5||1.5|
|NUMBER OF DEVICES|
|NUMBER OF COMPANY-ISSUED DEVICES|
|NUMBER OF BYOD DEVICES|
|DEPLOYMENT COST PER HOUR||$40||$40||$40|
|DEPLOYMENT HOURS PER DEVICE||0.5||0.5||0.5|
|SUPPORT COST PER HOUR||$32||$32||$32|
|SUPPORT HOURS PER DEVICE ANNUALLY||$18||$18||$18|
|ANNUAL SUPPORT COST|
|MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE COST/YEAR||$||$||$|
|COST PER USER OVER THREE YEARS|
|ENTERPRISE ANNUAL COST|
Cost Model Assumptions
- The average hardware cost is based on average selling price (ASP) as of May 2019 for base configurations of Apple iPhone XR and Samsung Galaxy S10e.
- The average hardware cost in the “mixed non-AER devices” use case is based on a 60/40 mix of devices, with ASPs of $400 and $1,000, respectively.
- The average hardware cost in the “mixed AER devices” use case is based on an average of May 2019 pricing of the following: Google Pixel 3a ($399), Nokia 8 ($329.00) and LG V30 ($320).
- 2019 pricing of the following: Google Pixel 3a ($399), Nokia 8 ($329.00) and LG V30 ($320). AER device” and “mixed AER devices” use cases, and use of a third-party productivity app in the “mixed, non-AER devices” use case.
- Software costs assume a $5 per device, per month base UEM license, except in mixed non-AER device use cases where a 1.75 cost multiplier is applied to account for a higher-tier UEM license. This license includes managed productivity apps, required for consistency in security, and a common UX across the broad range of devices.
- Deployment cost averages are based on Gartner UEM staffing guidance of four full-time equivalents (FTEs) per 5,000 devices. At 1,000 devices, the organization gets lower economies of scale, a one-FTE-per-1,000-devices metric is used.
- Support cost averages assume standardization leading to fewer support escalations. The average rate used in the “mixed, non-AER devices” use case reflects calls being escalated to Level 2 support staff due to wide variability in supported devices’ user experience and available controls.
Note: All prices are subject to change
Learn more here about how Hypori compares to MDM and delivers budget-conscious, military-grade secure, centrally managed BYOD.